WREN 12S ME SDK – PCB
The DitroniX WREN 12S ME is a SDK which is based on the Ai-Thinker ESP-12S (ESP8266). The principle function of WREN, is to interface to existing electric recliner push buttons (or remote hand controller), and provide both existing electric reclining chair functionality, while also allowing control from IoT Home Automation.
This SDK that has been designed to easily, and safely, retrofit to industry standard Electric Reclining Chairs, or equally also be used for a range of other DC controlled motor / linear motor applications between 12V and 30 V.
As part of the design, the WREN 12S ME SDK features include:
- Simple to Fit – Can use the Plug and Play (Standard 5 Pin DIN)
- Existing Recliner Manual Button Controls are Unaffected
- Existing Recliner Accessory Devices, such as USB power, is Unaffected
- Voice Control such as via Google Home and Amazon Alexa
- Manual or Remote Control from PC, Phone or Tablet
- No External Power Required (Uses existing 24V, or 29V, DC)
- Controls Single, or Dual, Motor Riser Recliner Chairs
- Safe to Use
- Isolated Controls Input and Motor Output, allowing parallel operation
WREN 12S ME SDK has been designed around the following technical spec:
- Flexible Linear Motor Controller
- Ability to Reverse Motor Direction
- Wide Input Voltage Range 12V to 30 DC
- Output Motor Voltage replicates Input Voltage
- Ai-Thinker ESP12S (ESP8266 Series)
- Embedded Firmware
- Supports Development IDE such as Arduino IDE, Platform IO, Eclipse etc.
- Support for Technologies such as MQTT, CloudMQTT, HiveMQ, IFTTT, Mosquitto, Tasmota, Domoticz, Node-Red etc.
- UART Flashing Port
- DC Supply Pass-Through
- I2C Expansion Port
- L6205 Dual DMOS Full Brider Driver
- Output Peak Current 5.6A DC
- Two x 2.8A DC RMS channels
- Paralleled Operation
- Built in Electrical Safety Features
- Digital Temperature Sensor (MCP9808)
- DC Supply Voltage Sensor (ADC)
- Onboard Buck Boost for Regulated 3V3 (Internal Use)
- RGB LED
- Buttons (Tactile)
- Programming (Flashing Mode)
Further details on the WREN 12S ME SDK connections can be found here.