Following the success of the original WREN SDK, the new DitroniX WREN 12S SDK v2, based on an Ai-Thinker ESP-12S (ESP8266), has been released. The SDK has been designed to easily, and safely, retrofit to industry standard Electric Reclining Chairs, or could also be used for a range of other DC controlled motor / linear motor applications – such as electric beds and other similar devices.
Top level differences between WREN 12S SDK V1 and WREN 12S SDK v2
- Increased operating voltage range, 9V to 38V (was 12V to 30V)
- Increased DC motor current to 5.6A RMS (was 2.8A RMS)
- Additional Safety Circuitry (allows increased range of uses)
- Additional Developer User Configuration
- Additional EMC Filtering (for when used in high electrically noisy environments)
Boards in production and shipping due later in July 2021 (awaiting PCB delivery)
Based on the Ai-Thinker ESP-12S (ESP8266), DitroniX WREN SDK has seen integration into a number of applications including, Elderly Assistance, Mobility Aid, Empowering the Disabled, Multi-chair Home Cinemas, Gentle Muscle Exercise Control and of course the humble Lounge Chair Gadget. Through the flexible design and integrated dual-bridge motor controller, the DitroniX WREN SDK allows for a range of other single, or dual, DC Linear Motor uses, such as used in electric beds, shutters, blinds, vents and windows.