RMIS-1 External DS18B20 Temperature Sensor
RMIS (Remote Monitoring IoT System), includes on-board digital temperature sensor, MCP9808 (located next to the ACS712 current monitors). However it would be great to also add an external temperature sensor, such on a battery or heatsink.
Using the I2C connector and sharing the I2C bus, it is very easy to add one to test, or more, one-wire digital temperature sensors as they only require one data line (3V3 and GND) to communicate with RMIS.
The I2C interface on the RMIS SDK already has a 10K resistor fitted to 3V3, so all you need to do is connect the sensor as shown below. A dedicated GPIO16 connection was added on PCB revisions 1.2204-106, which also has a 4k7 to VCC.
- Red = Power = 3V3
- Yellow = Data = SDA or GP16
- Black = Ground = GND
Features of the DS18B20
- Easy to interface and control
- Wide temperature range: -55 to 125°C
- Accuracy +/-0.5 ºC (between the range -10ºC to 85ºC)
- Temperature Limit Alarm Thresholds
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into each device
- Cable is jacketed in PVC
- Although not IP rated, these are Waterproof, Moisture Proof and Rustproof.
- Usable with 3.0-5.0V supply.
To be added
Temperature for external DS18B20 Sensor: 0 23.81°C